Thursday, November 29, 2007
You knew it was just a matter of time before the Yo Gabba Gabba merch parade started to beat it's drums down xmas list lane. Kid Robot has opened the floodgates of goodies for kids and those who refuse to grow up. There are 7 inch dolls for each character, t-shirts and super cool (albeit pricey) hoodies for the whole family. I know what's on my letter to Santa!
For more go to: www.kidrobot.com
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Motherhood brings many things, sleepless nights, a endless string of colds and the eventuality that you'll spend more on your toddlers clothes than your own. The last is really hard since there are so many companies making ridiculously cute apparel for the under five set.
When torn with the option of buying a sweet pair of kicks for your weekend outings or grabbing a set for your 2 year old especially with L.A.M.B's (from pop icon Gwen Stefani) adorable and very sturdy slip on shoes for the kiddies. And what toddler doesn't need a pair of gold sneakers!?!
Check them all out here: www.lambshoes.com
Monday, November 19, 2007
As much as I like to do my "trading" at local mom and pop establishments, sometimes you just can't resist a Home Furnishing Super Store like IKEA. I never appreciated their dorm room aesthetics and disposable functionality until giving birth to a child. As you all know, things drastically change after your create a child so any family friendly perks from restaurants, stores and establishments is like a gift from the parenting gods. Here is a list of my four favorite family feats that Ikea perform:
- FAMILY PARKING - Right next to the handicapped section is a close to the entrance area of parking just for those with little ones in tow. I always hate navigating a busy parking lot with a stoller, and this makes it safer and quicker.
- BREAKFAST- It ain't the Ritz but when your starving and need a wee fit of fuel to go test out the Linnarps, Leksvik and Lunnas than the $0.99 breakfast that includes eggs, potatoes and bacon sure can hit the spot.
- DINING ROOM - At our last visit. While we wolfed down the special of Swedish pancakes with Cranberry sauce, our toddler ran wild in the kid zone which features a bunch of those wooden bead games, tiny table and chairs and a TV showing the Jungle Book. Plus they have kids plates, kids cutlery, bottle warmers, bibs and about a thousand high chairs. Why can't every restaurant be like that?
- RANDOM FUN ZONES - Throughout the store are set ups of kid table and chairs with various toys there for their amusement while mommy and daddy argue over what stain of wood they want for their Hensvik shelving unit.
- THE KID SECTION - Our kid would be happy if we just deserted her there for a day or two. She loves to explore the different room set ups, tying out each and every bed, playing in the tents, and of course going down the slide a dozen or fifty times.
- BABY SITTING - And if your kid is old enough, they can hang out in the childrens only childcare center! Slides, play structures, coloring and a giant clog are all there to keep them busy while you get your shopping on.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
For those of you in NYC hanging out in the fashion friendly district of the West Village, this week marks the opening of Marc Jacob's 6th boutique in that one small neighborhood (the NYCTimes equated the onslaught of Marc Jacobs boutiques to a Starbucks like outbreak). But this one ain't for you, it's for your kid. Yes, he has opened a store dedicated to his Little Marc line featuring mini-military style jackets, shirts and dresses in his signature prints and $400 cashmere sweaters about which Jacobs quotes his grandmother, who "always said, "I'd rather you have one very nice, high-quality sweater than six low-quality sweaters.'" (cookie mag).
Oh and word on the street is, as an opening special, the Little Marc store is having a 70% off sale on last seasons goodies. If you are in the area you should rush down and get that cashmere sweater for your tot for a mere $120. Still, for something they're going to wear for 6 months, that 's $20 a month for winter warm style.
Friday, November 16, 2007
For those Yo Gabba Gabbers out there...the once and only DJ Lance Rock will be on tour with the Aquabats for their "Holiday Extravaganza". DJ Lance Rock will be the first one to play at 8pm. Here are the dates!
November 26.......El Corazon ..............Seattle, WA
November 27.......Wonder Ballroom .........Portland, OR
November 28.......Slim's...................San Fransisco, CA
November 29.......Downtown Brew............San Luis Obispo, CA
November 30.......The Glass House..........Pomona, CA
December 1........The Marquee Theatre......Tempe, AZ
December 8........SOMA.....................San Diego, CA
I have my fingers crossed that Brobee, Plex or any of the gang will show up. My name is Sugar and Snails and I like to dance!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
We love a pair of bloomers. Eden's Bouquet Just came out with these forest green cotton short pants aptly named the Mistletoe Bloomer. To us they seem to say "I'm stylish and I'll soon go thru a Charles Dickens phase while I crank Adam and the Ants at full blast". New Romantic for sure. And we're lovin' those boots the model is wearing!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
You know those favorite jeans of yours, the ones that you can throw on when you want to dress down with a pair a Vans or you want to dress up with a Tory Burch top and black stilletos? Those all purpose jeans that fit just right and don't have some kind of elaborate stitching or gimmick? J Brand jeans are my denim salvation. I default to my mid rise - dark wash pair more often than I'd care to admit. Simple, clean, comfortable.
And what to dress my little mini-me in? Why a pair of J Brand jeans for toddler of course. Upside - they're super cute and will get plenty of compliments at the playground. Downside - they cost $99 (for something that they'll grow out in less time thatn you'd like.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Forget the Barney, Elmo or Winnie the Pooh baby gift sets. That’s so been done. We’re chomping at the bit for the next baby shower we get invited to so we can give one of these totally amazing SIX BUNNIES baby sets. Not only do they have blue and pink bunny/crossbone sets but great “skully jar” giftsets, preppy punk skull cardigans and scarf, and tattoo flash PJs among other super cool baby goodies. Check them out here